About Me

My photo
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Breathing life through words for all to inhale. Forged on city streets, and seasoned with God's love....... Breathe in.....Again. Relax and enjoy my urban perspectives.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Star Gazing

I watch you through secluded eyes;
affixed to the heavens to account for your distance
and call for you with muted prayers
that dissipate into the vastness of night.

Celebrating your celestial dance--
my shooting star in my night sky,
apprising the trail left in your path
that speaks to my dreams in sweet whispers.

You come to me on beams of moonlight;
kiss my taut face with soft rays of hope;
bathe me in inspiration, making clearer my vision
to ponder the intent of your season.

I watch with loving eyes;
you find comfort in my gaze,
as it blushes from your beauty.
Reluctantly, I acknowledge the obvious reflection
of my answered prayers in your presence.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyrically generous with your words...I truly admire your progress with poetry. You don't disappoint at all. Each morsel of this piece gives us a very soothing picture.

    ReplyDelete