About Me

My photo
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Breathing life through words for all to inhale. Forged on city streets, and seasoned with God's love....... Breathe in.....Again. Relax and enjoy my urban perspectives.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Hazel Eyes

She Knew me before my birth
Cradled my essence before my existence
Nurtured my spirit through my Mother's soul
As they tuned their bones on Harlem Streets
Two Queens
Telling tales of royalty yet to be discovered
Making rich the blood that would run through me
Intertwining our souls for life

She knew me from my arrival
Understanding the cry of my urges
Recognizing them as witnessed before
In the sound of my young Mother's desires
She watched me grow restless
Saw my dance with self-destruction and flirts with death
As I poisoned my temple with the Devil's elixir
On too many cold city nights

Her appointment falls short of her worth
She shined as my beacon when Mother grew weary
When I made Mother weary with my refusal to grow
Her Pig-Tailed companion told me tails of royalty
Reminded me of our tuned bones
Held me to her bosom and cradled my essence
Helping me to navagate Harlem Streets

From the womb I remembered her presence
As a man have come to know the blessing
Understanding how very fortunate I am
To have Hazel eyes

© 2010 Keith Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment