About Me

My photo
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Breathing life through words for all to inhale. Forged on city streets, and seasoned with God's love....... Breathe in.....Again. Relax and enjoy my urban perspectives.

Monday, April 18, 2011

First Impression

I am content,
If not happy
To nestle into your shadows
To admire you from a distance
In the warmth of your smile
To pray for patience
Awaiting recognition
Of this heart that pulses
In search of your rhythm

Resigned to find solace
In the quenching of my thirst
With the mere thought of your existence
In your power to soothe
With your mellifluous verse
And telepathic hugs and kisses

Understanding
That I am but one
That recognizes and covets your brilliance
Yet my soul is captured
By the breath of your presence
And the depth of your soulful eyes

Force me a bit longer
To admire you from a distance
Temper my hunger
To taste your candied kisses
Stoke my desire
With sweet innuendo
Still I would labor
To resist you

For in my dreams I have kissed you
A thousand times
Inhaled your spirit
Until it danced in my lungs
And Seas parted
Like fractured unions
So that I may stand before you
Naked and exposed

That I have felt you in my arms
Even for a moment
Is enough to carry you into my dreams
Enough to taste you in my sleep
And remember your scent
gracing my cheek
I am content
To have known what it was
To feel you there
If even for a moment

In a crowded room


© 2011 Keith Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment