About Me

My photo
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Breathing life through words for all to inhale. Forged on city streets, and seasoned with God's love....... Breathe in.....Again. Relax and enjoy my urban perspectives.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

White Wine and Walnuts

Your sweetness requires dilution
Some contrasting flavor to equalize its intensity
Like sour chases sweet in pursuit of perfection
Watering down “too good”
So that it may be accepted as “true”

Your flavor is intoxicating
The elixir of your kiss warms my blood
Leaving me inebriated
Staggering about the town drunk
Looking for coffee and quiet
To cut the euphoria

So that I may breathe again

Sun showers are sweeter than downpours
They leave the scent of balance in the air
Equally engaging the senses like
Red Wine and Smoked Gouda
Whole Milk and honey
Golden sands and raging seas
My raw expression and your sweet acceptance

The merging of textures so different
In a universally scripted collaboration
Becoming my favorite midnight snack
Lovingly consumed in small portions

© 2010 Keith Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment