About Me

My photo
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
Breathing life through words for all to inhale. Forged on city streets, and seasoned with God's love....... Breathe in.....Again. Relax and enjoy my urban perspectives.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Eye of the Beholder

Your face,
Less than perfect
Except when viewed through my loving eyes

Each blemish,
A carefully blazed trail
From tears of your beautiful struggle

I find solace
In every freckle left by your seasons
Stroke them gently
For deeper understanding of your reason
Etched into my heart
Like delicate lines
That frame your pristine smile

Fingertips
Memorize every crease of your lips
As I trace their texture with eyes closed
And inhale your sweet essence
With a mental kiss
A love story in Braille for my soul

In all the universe
Abound with wonders
And its Stars and Super Novas
There is no beauty
That compares too the light
Of your less than perfect face
Viewed through my loving eyes


© 2011 Keith Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment